Memory Care for Alzheimer's and Dementia
Tranquility and safety for your loved one. Peace of mind for you. Memory care at Freedom Village at Brandywine helps preserve everything that brings meaning and order to your family.
Compassionate care that families trust.
We provide a secure and comfortable setting specially designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Your loved one will flourish with life-affirming activities and personalized care that matches where they are in their memory loss journey.
Our nationally recognized philosophy of dementia care is called Heartfelt CONNECTIONS — A Memory Care Program®. It’s strongly people-centered and grounded in the belief your loved one’s remaining abilities are far more important than those that are lost. Through this program, we support your loved one’s feelings of belonging, purpose and safety while seeking to preserve their sense of self.
- Industry-leading, personalized memory care, including specialized Alzheimer’s care
- Help with daily living activities, including dressing, bathing and medication management
- Dementia-specific programming, including arts and crafts therapy
- Access to appropriate community amenities such as the salon and barbershop, arts and crafts studio, and fitness center
- Enjoyable small-cluster group activities
- Frequent community outings for maximum enrichment
- Promotes dignity and a sense of pride and accomplishment in day-to-day activities
- Encourages engaged eating with specialized diets
- Supports improved self-worth, self-esteem, and overall health and well-being
- Reduces fear, anxiety and frustration
- Provides the comfort of knowing your loved one has the best quality of life possible
- Allows you to return to the loving relationship you once shared
- Gives you the opportunity to make the most of your time together
- Supports you and your family with resources, counseling and other services
Memory care services and amenities include:
- All-inclusive monthly fee for care, living and dining costs
- Maintenance-free residence
- Inviting, secure places to gather and mingle
- Personal concierge services
- Supportive dining environment with personalized assistance
- Specialized diets and nutrition from a registered dietitian
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- Scheduled transportation
- Housekeeping and flat linen service
- 24-hour security and in-home emergency response
- Expanded basic cable
- Utilities (except phone and internet), Wi-Fi access