LeadingAge PA Empowers 33 Deserving Employees with $40,000 in Professional Development Scholarships!
Read our latest mention in MyChesCo.
From the article:
LeadingAge PA announced it has awarded 33 scholarships totaling nearly $40,000 through its 2023 Professional Development Scholarship program. The scholarship recipients are all employed at aging services organizations across the state and are pursuing a variety of degrees, certificates and continuing education credits that will help them better serve Pennsylvania’s aging population.
LeadingAge PA is dedicated to the education and workforce enhancement efforts of member communities and, to date, has awarded nearly $600,000 through scholarship and internship programs. The Professional Development Scholarships are awarded to staff at member communities to enhance educational opportunities as they further their careers in senior services.
“Retaining and growing qualified workers is essential to our ability to continue serving seniors in Pennsylvania for many years to come,” said Garry Pezzano, LeadingAge PA president and CEO. “We are proud to offer this scholarship program to assist our members in furthering their education and growing the aging services workforce. The scholarship recipients’ dedication to senior services is inspiring, and we cannot thank them enough.”
The 2023 scholarship recipients are listed below by county:
- Jordan Fitchie, Elmwood Gardens in Oakmont
- Megan Zulauf Zivic, Masonic Village of Sewickley
- Nicole Cherico, Presbyterian SeniorCare Network in Oakmont
- Stacey Hawthorne, Presbyterian SeniorCare Network in Oakmont
- Jessica Hurley, Presbyterian SeniorCare Network in Oakmont
- Tara Neff, Fellowship Community in Whitehall
- Alyse Moore, The Highlands at Wyomissing
- Laura Hornyak, Friends Village in Newtown
- Nicolette Fila, Christ’s Home in Warminster
- Samantha Cavanaugh, Southampton Estates in Southampton
- Clara Nalley, Windy Hill Village in Philipsburg
- Catherine Avellino, Freedom Village at Brandywine in Coatesville
- Crystal Jones, The Hickman in West Chester
- Whitney Davis, United Church of Christ Home in Camp Hill
- Chris DiTullio, Presbyterian Senior Care in Erie
- Brynne Baker, Willow Valley in Willow Street
- Kaitlyn Graybill, Willow Valley in Willow Street
- Amber Eckman, Masonic Village in Elizabethtown
- Ruth Wright, Masonic Village in Elizabethtown
- Alexis Lehr, Cornwall Manor in Cornwall
- Melissa Arnold, Londonderry Village in Palmyra
- Manuela Brandolino, Phoebe Ministries in Allentown
- Rosemary Manna, Phoebe Ministries in Allentown
- Tracey Stroble, Valley View Rehab and Nursing Center in Montoursville
- Cheris Fisher, Valley View Retirement Community in Belleville
- Ebony Mosley, Beaumont at Bryn Mawr
- Joseph Farrell Kratz, Acts Retirement Life Communities in Fort Washington
- Shanna Huff, St. Joseph Villa in Flourtown
- Deborah E. Herr, Living Branches in Souderton
- Shelby Schroy, Living Branches in Souderton
- Sydney Conard, Living Branches in Souderton
- Kristen Schrameyer, Presbyterian Senior Living in Bethlehem
The LeadingAge PA Professional Development Scholarship program is part of the association’s ongoing efforts to address the workforce challenges faced by its members and serves to benefit member staff pursuing further education, training and certification — both within and outside the field of nursing.