Sign up for a yoga class. Explore our nation’s revolutionary past. Let the grandkids help you in the garden. Our campus brims with opportunities that make each day more fulfilling.
Freedom to enjoy what you love.
Whether you choose an activity from the robust community calendar or do something on your own, there are plenty of ways to get to know your neighbors and stay as busy or relaxed as you like.
If you’re interested in a subject or a particular pastime but don’t see it on our calendar, let us know! Our residents take an active role in our community, initiating and leading classes, clubs and committees.
There’s more to explore.
Freedom Village at Brandywine is in heritage-rich Chester County, the seat of the American Revolution. We’re surrounded by the lush countryside and rambling rivers of the Brandywine Valley, minutes from charming shops and restaurants, and close to stunning natural landscapes, world-class golf, culture and entertainment.
Our community is a short hop from Thorndale train station, and convenient to Philadelphia and New York City. We’re adjacent to state-of-the-art Brandywine Hospital, and near Coatesville VA Medical Center. Residents enjoy easy access to golf and country clubs, theaters, churches, synagogues, public gardens, wineries on the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail, and lifelong learning classes at Eastern University.
- Group fitness
- Personal training classes
- Lifelong learning, including classes and lectures
- Arts and crafts instruction
- Friendly billiards contests
- Happy Hours and movie nights
- Outings to historic destinations in Chester County
- 45+ interest groups and clubs
- Energizing volunteer opportunities
Try them out:
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Arts and crafts studio
- Wood shop
- Two bocce courts
- Nine-hole putting green
- Heated indoor pool
- Walking and nature trails
More to explore nearby:
- Local boutiques, cafés, breweries, vineyards and historic sites
- Golf and country clubs
- Museums, galleries, and other cultural attractions
- Coatesville Country Club
- King of Prussia® Mall
- Longwood Gardens
- People’s Light in Malvern
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Academy of Music
- Kimmel Center
- Valley Forge Historical National Park
- Marsh Creek