Signs It’s Time to Move into Independent Living
Ask a senior why they want to stay in their own home, rather than move to an independent living community, and the response is often, “because I’d have to leave behind a house full of memories.” When you think about it though, the place where memories are kept is in your heart and your mind, and they stay with you no matter where you live. You’re at an age when you deserve to be free of unnecessary responsibilities, and living in a senior living community is the very definition of carefree independent living. You can enjoy life your way, indulge in resort-like amenities, and elevate your well-being – and let others take care of the to-do’s. The question is, when is the time right to make your move?
How Many of These Indicators Sound Like You?
What are some of the indicators that tell you it’s a good time to consider moving into independent living? To help you work through this important decision, here are 7 common signs that you or a loved one is ready. See which ones you recognize:
- You’re past 75 and still living life to the fullest. Seniors who’ve made the move to independent living will tell you it makes sense to move while you’re at your healthiest and can take advantage of the many activities and social life – all with the security of knowing advanced care will be there for you as you age.
- You’re so over housekeeping, cooking and home maintenance. In your new home, there’s someone else to do all these things. You can enjoy chef-prepared meals served to you in your choice of on-campus venues, and return to a tidied-up home with that dripping faucet fixed right!
- You enjoy travel but hate worrying about your unoccupied home. When you live in a senior community, you simply lock up your residence and go. Security is excellent here, and your exterior property will be maintained through every season, from mowing your lawn to clearing the snow and ice.
- You worry about the day when you need more assistance. When you choose a Life Plan Community, the care you need will always be there. Life Plan Communities offer multiple levels of care to residents, so independent living residents can access all the care they might someday need without leaving familiar surroundings or good friends behind.
- You’d love to engage in more activities, but where? You believe a fulfilling life is more than watching TV, but access to new activities can be tough to find and get to easily. Imagine being able to walk out your front door to choose between art classes, lectures, culture excursions, card games, fitness classes, and much more.
- You’d be thrilled to have someone else do the driving. In a retirement community like Freedom Village at Brandywine, you’re welcome to have your own car, but for those times you’d rather not do the driving – or if you don’t like driving at night, it’s a real convenience to have a complimentary shuttle waiting for you.
- Your social life needs a boost. Maybe your loved ones aren’t as accessible as they once were. Children relocate for jobs. Friends head for other parts of the country. And you’ve decided to stop driving. Feelings of isolation aren’t healthy, but when you live in a senior community, you’ll find friendly, like-minded people to socialize with anytime you choose.
Your Best Life Is Waiting for You in Our Community
At Freedom Village at Brandywine, in West Brandywine, Pennsylvania, we provide independent living with a carefree, maintenance-free lifestyle. Even better, it’s coupled with attractive pricing options and the peace of mind of knowing advanced care will be there when and if you need it in the future. This is exactly where you ought to be! Contact us to arrange a personal tour and see where so many wonderful new memories are waiting to be made.